Saturday, May 23, 2009

Diving (posted to Facebook on 5/18/08)

I take a breath.
My heart flutters as it begins.
I'm sinking headfirst
into this soul-stirring ocean,
but I feel you guiding me,
your arms around me
as we enter this new land below.
The phenomenon of your love
finds me there
like light finds darkness.
All I see in this new world
is beauty; the glow that descends
from the distant sky
shines through the depths
of this full nothingness
like an exotic memory of joy,
a Nirvana under the surface.
I shudder from the chill
in this Atlantis we've found,
and yet I've never felt so warm.
As much as I want to stay
in this place forever,
I must still breathe--
I must return to Earth.
I rise, release this sensation.
But I still know, as reality returns
and I come out of the water,
that I must dive with you again

No comments:

Post a Comment