Friday, December 23, 2011

you never let me miss you

sandpaper kisses, papercut bliss
don't know what this is, but it all leads to this--

he looks me in the eyes.
before his lips part, i know exactly what will escape them,
exactly how.
"i thought i told you
i'm not him."
(smoke from the end of a cigarette 
forget-me-nots to choke on)
the script was written in pencil, as much as we pretended otherwise.
the kisses he bruised my skin with were fated to fade.
so many sensual scars.
"just a bird."
(common knowledge) 
i let those love bites and heart blows rain anyway.
smiled, because i only felt the climax.

i suppose he's only squinting because of the smoke.
meanwhile, my vision is blurry with tears.
'they're finally starting to hurt.'
(to myself)
God help me if i don't succumb to this slow motion collapse.
"it won't be long
before i fall
out of love." 
(fade to black)
you're gonna leave her
you have deceived her.

No comments:

Post a Comment