Sunday, October 23, 2011

we had an extended worship period after 11am service at my church today.  i left around 1:45, before things were finished, because i hadn't eaten all day and the dining hall was about to close for brunch.

but i really wanted to stay there forever.

when i'm worshiping--whether i'm part of the worship team,  in the audience, or alone in my room--i forget everything else.  all the daily distractions melt away, and i am left thinking only about my relationship with God.

the sad part is that as soon as the church doors close behind me, my mind is once again vulnerable to mundane worries, annoyances, and thoughts of all kinds that i probably have no business entertaining.  i wish it were easier for me to enter into a posture of worship outside of the sanctuary.

No comments:

Post a Comment