Wednesday, May 16, 2012

hollow.

I don't know why news of people's deaths has hit me so hard lately.  Usually I'm sad or sympathetic but still sort of removed.  But right now I feel inexplicably empty.  Devoid of everything but tears that keep flowing out of me from some unnamed reservoir.

For my friend (not named out of respect):
I didn't know your father, but the way that you reflect the love of Christ in your easy smile and your willingness to help people tells me something about his character as well.  I know I speak for so many people at Harvard and probably beyond when I say this: you've made a difference in our lives, and in your time of need we want you to know that we're here for you, as much as we possibly can be.   
I pray nothing but blessings and peace over you.

No comments:

Post a Comment