Sunday, June 10, 2012

tatted up

is this weird?

i'll probably never get a tattoo. but i know exactly what i would get if i decided to. and it's a rather lengthy list that's still growing (last updated October 2023).
  1. a barcode at the base of my neck
    • update 5/31/18 - considering a working QR code that links to something 
  2. right beneath #1, "3Ni" 
    • update 5/31/18 - will probably do "ENi" instead; found out recently that 3Ni means something and I'm not a fan of the meaning
  3. kanji for "ebony" (黒檀) either right next to or beneath #2, on my left wrist, or behind my left ear 
  4. kanji for "fire" (火) on my back, between my shoulders, possibly with red and orange flames around it 
    • update 5/31/18 - would consider it on one shoulder instead of between my shoulders
  5. a music note (probably a dotted eighth branched with a sixteenth, just to be a bit creative) behind my right ear 
  6. "pain" in katakana (ペーン) twice around my right wrist, facing me on one side and facing outward in the other. this idea comes partly from Naruto and partly as a reminder that we are capable of hurting people just as much as people hurt us. a bit dark, but it is what it is 
  7. a quarter rest on my ankle or behind my left ear if nothing else is there
  8. a semicolon somewhere (ankle? finger?), in reference to the semicolon movement that raises awareness about mental illness and addiction--my story isn't over yet (http://www.semicolonmovement.com/
  9. "worth • the • wait" around the base of my left ring finger
  10. "mercy > judgment" and "James 2:13" on my left forearm
  11. "overcomer" on my right collarbone 
  12. "Jehovah Jireh" in Hebrew (יְהוָה יִרְאֶה) on my right index finger 
  13. Namaste in Sanskrit/Devanagari (नमस्ते) on one of my ankles
  14. "a scar is just a plot to kill you that didn't work," possibly on my right forearm
  15. A small chocolate chip cookie.  For my cousin who died June 2016; his nickname was “Cookie Monster”
  16. “El Roi” in Hebrew (אֵל רֳאִי) / “the God who sees me”
  17. “Shalom” (peace, harmony, wholeness) in Hebrew (שָׁלוֹם), probably on my right side

1 comment:

  1. i also know how many tattoos i want and where and what and i will also most likely never get them

    i like the barcode idea, i got a fake one on my wrist once, it was pretty cool

    ReplyDelete