Saturday, May 23, 2009

Come On Back (posted to Facebook on 2/22/08)

Verse 1:
I had this dream
that you were still right here beside me
protecting me from harm while I was sleeping,
every pain of loneliness I had
fading like a hunger
with the bedside-table breakfasts
that you made me in the mornings.
But soon I became restless--
too naive to know that what I had was special
so I let it fall by the wayside.
I woke up with a start and screamed
because it's more than just a dream
and yes, you really left me.

Chorus (c):
Come on back
you know that I miss you,
and I'm losing my breath crying
Come on back,
and we can make it better--
I wish that I could hold you in my arms forever
Come on back
you know that I miss you,
and I'm losing my breath crying
Come on back,
and we can make it better--
maybe if we try again
we can make forever.

Verse 2:
And I can't breathe,
'cuz every breath is reminiscin'
of you making cocoa in my kitchen,
of every Scrabble game we used to play,
dreaming of the day
that we'd finally have the chance
to make a house become a home, and
Every tear stain on my pillow
Is every love letter that you wrote me
That I read atop the sheets (reminiscin').
I'm looking at the Scrabble board,
tryna figure out the words that
tell you what I'm feeling.

(repeat C)

I can't get my mind around
the fact that I'm alone;
I'm waiting here by the door
Each day thinking you'll return soon.
Memories, they flood my mind,
and I can't stop thinking of
the light in your eyes,
even when times were bad.

(repeat C)

No comments:

Post a Comment