Saturday, May 23, 2009

Memories, Stormclouds, and Floodwaters (posted to Facebook on 5/29/08)

Verse 1:
Now our love is like
I'm a wanderer and you're my sacred homeland
Surrounded by an ocean
I can tell you now
Baby, I would walk that water just to reach you
But still I'd keep on drowning

Chorus:
All I see is broken dreams
of you and me together
Life would be much better
Without those floods of memories
I know you're not my destiny
And my heart can't keep from breaking
Life would be much better
If I didn't have those memories now.

Verse 2:
A new day has dawned
But the sky is vexed with unfamiliar stormclouds
What happened to our sunlight?
I mean it when I say
Baby I would walk on water just to reach you
But I'm so sick of drowning

(repeat C)

As I'm watching it rain out my window
I cannot help thinking of you
Though I know it be the nature
of good things to end
My mind won't let those memories rest
Though the album's closed and dusty
And it's all that I can do to wake
My sanity again

(repeat C 2x)

If I didn't have those memories now
Baby I would walk on water just to reach you...

No comments:

Post a Comment